Petrobras finds high productivity in Jupiter

Petrobras has completed formation tests in the Jupiter pre-salt exploration area located in the Santos Basin, confirming the asset’s potential for excellent productivity and high added-value oil.

According to the oil major, the formation tests carried out were responsible for analyzing the pre-salt carbonate reservoirs in the Apollonia well (3-BRSA-1246-RJS), located about 295 km off the coast of Rio de Janeiro at a water depth of 2,183 meters.

The results confirmed the excellent productivity of the well, the presence of condensed oil of very high added value, as well as high flow rates. However, the high gas-oil ratio and CO2 content will require the application of technological innovations for commercial production.

As a result, the company will use the samples obtained from the tests to validate its HISEP (High Pressure Separation) technology. According to Petrobras, HISEP has the potential to make the pilot project for the production development of the Jupiter field viable, as well as other projects with high gas-oil ratios and CO2 content, opening up further exploratory opportunities in the deep and ultra-deep waters.

Petrobras is the operator of the area and holds an 80% stake, with the remaining 20% ​​belonging to Petrogal Brasil. The field is part of concession BM-S-24 in the pre-salt Santos Basin, with an estimated total recoverable volume of 130 million boe.

Source: CPG

Share this post

Select your currency


Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest insights and exclusive studies from our experts